STELLENBOSCH WINE FESTIVAL COMES TO CAPE TOWN
Top Stellenbosch wine estates will soon be on their way to the V&A Waterfront in Cape Town for the first-ever Stellenbosch Wine Festival Cape Town presented by Pick n Pay. The blend is as sublime as the many award-winning wines that will be on offer to enjoy right on the water’s edge in the majestic Table Bay Harbour.
The two-day wine festival will take place at the North Wharf at the V&A Waterfront on Saturday 6 and Sunday 7 April 2019.
The brand-new event will be a gloriously relaxing two days, where wine lovers will be invited to enjoy a selection of superb wines from world-renowned estates in the Stellenbosch Wine Routes region and chat to the winemakers and estate owners about the history behind their finest creations.
Participating estates include, among many others, Beyerskloof, Warwick, Ken Forrester, Kleine Zalze, Kaapzicht Estate, Le Bonheur and L’Avenir.
Once you’ve tasted a wine you love, you’ll obviously want lots more of it, and you’ll be able to purchase it right there and then – at the same price you’d pay at the estate.
Stellenbosch Wine Routes’ Chairman, Mike Ratcliffe, explains the rationale behind relocating this iconic Stellenbosch-based festival. “Stellenbosch’s wines are undoubtedly some of the finest in the world, and we’d like to communicate this message to a wider audience,” he said. “Not only is the V&A Waterfront a
world-class facility, with approximately 24-million visitors per year; moving locations means we’re able to expose our exceptional wines to a wider audience, and in so doing introduce visitors to wines they may never have had the opportunity to experience otherwise.”
Ratcliffe said there are plans to take the festival to Johannesburg later this year, and possibly even to a global audience at a later stage.
Of course, where there’s wine, there’s food, and Pick n Pay will have something scrumptious on offer for everyone, from good old-fashioned burgers and fish and chips, to elegant charcuterie and cheese platters.
If you’ve always wanted to impress your friends with your food-and-wine pairing prowess, then a session at the Pick n Pay Tasting Room is a must! But make sure to pre-book, as these sessions sell out fast. Visit webtickets.co.za to secure your place.
No event is complete without a performance by some of our local musical talent – Hot Water will do the honours on Saturday 6 April and Jeremy Olivier will take to the stage on Sunday 7 April.
With Stellenbosch’s finest wines on offer, delicious food and excellent live music, this is one weekend you don’t want to miss. Make sure you book early as tickets are limited!
Saturday 6 April - 12 – 7pm
Sunday 7 April - 12 – 6pm
- General Admission: R 150 per person
- General Admission ticket, includes a Pick n Pay Tasting Room experience: R 180 per person
- Children under the age of 18 enter the event free of charge, but do not receive a tasting glass
Both options include the following:
- A complimentary branded tasting glass.
- 20 wine tasting tokens to use for tasting Stellenbosch’s finest wines.
- The chance to meet Stellenbosch’s top winemakers, taste their wines and engage with them about the history behind their finest creations.
- The opportunity to purchase wine from award-winning Stellenbosch wine farms at cellar prices.
- Live music courtesy of popular SA musicians, Hot Water and Jeremy Olivier.
- Delicious food for sale.
- Visit www.Webtickets.co.za and either book your tickets online and collect instore, book and pay online, or purchase your tickets at any Pick n Pay Supermarket or Hypermarket countrywide.
For more information:
Event website: www.stellenboschwinefestival.co.za
Follow the hashtag #SWFCT